The new MapInfo Pro with Discover, it is possible to easily export Mapinfo table to other software such as LeapFrog Geo. Leapfrog software does not accept a Mapinfo table that has multiple geometries. First, you have to clean up the table and separate the geometries into a different table. But this task could be a pain if you have many tables. Thankfully, there is a useful Discover feature that can do this job easily.
Steps to Export Mapinfo Table to Leapfrog Geo
The Leapfrog Export feature in Mapinfo will automatically export vector, images as well as the surface grid.
- Open Mapinfo Pro
- Then, open the tables to export
- Go to Discover >> Export >> Leapfrog Export
- Type the Project Name
- Specify the projections. You may also to reproject the tables withing this menu
- Choose the output options for the images and surface grid you might have
- Click Next and then choose which files or tables you want to export.
- Hit OK to start the export process
In the following video, you will see how I export the Mapinfo table to Leapfrog. It is a simple step but it is important when we have many tables to export simultaneously. But in the example, I only have one table.