Hello everyone, welcome to Micromine Tutorial for Beginners. Today we are going to learn about how to create surface grid in Micromine. If you have many data points which have Z value, we can display the data in grid format. The gridding process involves a complex computation and algorithm. Golden Software Surfer is a popular gridding software. But don’t worry, Micromine also has capability to create grid.
So for example, I have a set of data points containing elevation information. It has easting, northing and rl column. I am going to create a surface grid using the rl column as the Z value. Here is the original data plotted in Micromine as points.
After the process, it will produce something like this:
Steps to create grid in Micromine
In order to create a surface grid in Micromine, you can follow the steps below
- Open Micromine
- Prepare the data points. You can also import the data from other software or format and import it to Micromine.
- Go to Grid >> Create
- Specify the input and output file
- In the input file, specify the X, Y and grid field. The grid field is the field or column we want to grid. For example elevation or geochemical assay
- Click Grid limits and specify the cell size or number of cell
- Select the gridding method from the Gridding Method tab
- Click OK
The gridding process will take some times depends on the size of the data you have.
The following video shows the complete steps to create a surface grid in Micromine
Thank you for reading this article and I hope you enjoy it. Cheers. Please let us know if you have any question about How to create surface grid in Micromine.